Pilz safety light grids provide cost-effective safety for applications requiring body protection. The safety light curtain has a wide working range of up to 55 m and is ideal for delimiting external areas. Whether the user wants single-beam or multi-beam light grids, in the PSENopt and PSENopt II series there is a choice of safety light grids of type 2, 3 and 4.
PSENopt single-beam safety light grids
- For the protection of passages, hazardous points or hazardous areas
- The safety light grids comply with EN IEC 61496-1/2 up to PL e when used with a suitable evaluation device (eg PNOZmulti).
- Single-beam encoders for space-critical applications
- Connection: Connector M12, 4-pin
PSENopt – multiple light beam safety devices
Multiple light beam safety devices of the PSENopt series are available in categories 2 and 4 for body protection.
- Can be used in PL c applications according to EN ISO 13849-1
- Integrated muting, blanking and cascading functions
- Can be extended with suitable accessories in the form of muting strips and muting sensors
- Dimensions: 35 x 41.2 mm
- Connections: Receiver 1 x connector, M12, 8-pin / Transmitter 1 x connector, M12, 4-pin
- Fast and easy assembly, installation and commissioning
PSENopt II – the robust safety light grid
Pilz’s PSENopt II series offers category 3 and category 4 safety light grids for body protection. Type 3 safety light grids are specially designed for applications up to PL d, and as the world’s first type 3 safety light grids, they have received UL certification.
- Highly robust against shocks, bumps and vibrations
- Can be used in PL d (category 3) and PL e (category 4) applications according to EN ISO 13849-1
- Connection: Receiver and transmitter each have a M12, 5-pin plug outlet
- Dimensions: 35x40mm
- Due to the coding, several safety light curtains can be installed in close proximity
- Simple Wiring and Assembly
- Can be extended with suitable accessories in the form of muting arms and muting sensors