Industrial production is constantly changing. With the ever-increasing demands for flexibility, digital processes, agile manufacturing and modular machines are the keys to countering this trend.
And IO-Link is the right interface: it facilitates batch 1 production through the adjustment of parameters by the controller; it enables transparency and diagnostics through advanced communication with the equipment; it standardizes the last meter of wiring ; it also embraces the future of automation and enables savings in cabling costs and reduced commissioning time.
PROFINET integration finally simplified
The goal of IO-Link is to make automation easier. Until now, however, the integration of IO-Link devices in PROFINET projects has required considerable programming effort. SIDI (Simple IO-Link Device Integration) now integrates IO-Link devices like PROFINET devices with a simple drag-and-drop operation. The relevant necessary parameters (such as measuring ranges, etc.) can be entered in normal text fields. Other options are easily selected from the drop-down menu. This enables consistent off-line engineering and speeds up system commissioning.
As an IO-Link user, you gain numerous advantages, especially lower machine costs, more efficient production processes and higher machine and system availability.
Reduce machine costs
– Reduce inventory with smart multipurpose equipment
– Only 1 I/O module and 1 low cost standard cable
– Reduced I/O footprint
– No more monitors and switches on the device
– Reduced engineering and assembly costs and automatic documentation of equipment parameters during the engineering design phase
– Extensive parameterization options enable timely changes to device parameters
– Depending on the production conditions, efficient production requires different sets of parameters such as switching values, gain, sensitivity, etc.
– Faster tool changing operations
Improve machine availability
– Significantly reduce machine downtime with comprehensive plant status information and diagnostic capabilities
– Improved information enables many cost saving mechanisms such as predictive maintenance or asset management can be easily implemented
– Replacing the device does not require manual participation in the parameterization of the new device
The Links: 6AV2124-0GC13-0AX0 DF9200654-B0 DISPLAY